Monday, April 20, 2009

Hi folks!

I guess I forgot to mention that I won't be posting on this blog on Saturdays or Sundays. I simply have too much to do. Maybe sometimes when I have some free time I may make a short post, but don't expect it too often.


Today, I'd like to talk about what you should do if someone insults or ridicules you for being Catholic. You might be shocked when I say this, and be thinking "This doesn't happen anymore." Unfortunately, this is not the case. I have been told many times that it's a waste of time to be Catholic, and that there's no God anyway. Obviously, we know that this is incorrect. But, it is often hard to convince an atheist, or even a non-Catholic Christian, of this. Arguing with them will only reinforce their prejudice against Catholics. So, the best thing to do, is politely tell them they are wrong, if you want, but you do not even have to say anything. Sometimes, just stop them dead in their tracks by saying "Thank you for your opinion," and then walk away. This should avoid any "problems," but I obviously can't guarantee this. Some people just don't give up. In this situation, do your best to ignore it, you will only make them angrier and more resolute by arguing with them.


The above situations can be made even more difficult if this situation happens at your workplace or school. Though I pray you are never in such a situation, sadly, such religious prejudice is still present in many schools, even Catholic schools. It is a sad fact, but it is true. In this situation, simply try to be nice to them. Talk to them, change the subject, but whatever you do, don't talk about politics or religion. Try to talk about a movie you saw recently, or maybe what you do after school. They may eventually realize that you're not some "Jesus Freak" and figure out that you're simply just another regular person.



Thank you and God Bless,


John

No comments:

Post a Comment