Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I am having a really hard time keeping up with this blog and everything else in life, as is apparent by the date of my last post.

I have been going to the morning Mass at my parish every day since the beginning of Lent. It's not always easy to get up at 5:30AM, and have to drive up to Mass. In the winter, this usually involves at least 5 minutes of scraping my windows before I can leave, and then sit in the freezing car on the way. Nearly everyone I have told has told me that they think I'm absolutely crazy. Well, so do I! It takes some serious determination to get up every morning and hurry out the door, but it's totally worth it. The graces I receive from going to Mass, and the peace I feel for the entire day afterwards are worth all of that, and even more. I encourage you to try to attend a Mass at least a few times a week. Most parishes offer a Mass that usually ends by 7-7:30AM so that commuters can stop in on their way to work. It's a wonderful way to get your busy day off to a good, holy start.



God Bless you all!



John

No comments:

Post a Comment