Sunday, June 28, 2009

Well, I may be called to the priesthood, but I am clearly NOT called to be a blogger. Because I forget to post, or get too busy to post for months at a time.

Anyway, today's post is going to be about just that. Taking time out for the Lord.


I understand pretty well how busy people's lives are. We all have another appointment, another meeting, etc. Well, why not make one of those appointments or meetings with God? Try taking a few minutes out before bed for quiet prayer. This can either be with your parents, or if you're older and married, with your spouse, or it can be by yourself, if you prefer. If you're married and with kids, time for family prayer is a wonderful way for a family to grow in faith together, and faith discussions can also be helpful to family life. Then there is of course the obvious one about always attending Mass on Sundays. Yes it's sometimes difficult to get to Mass, sometimes we don't want to go to Mass, and sometimes it's just downright inconvenient. But, things don't always go our way in life, unfortunately, and we have to learn to accept the things we cannot change.


I'm going to head off to bed now, but before I close this post, let us end with a prayer:


O Lord, you know better than I know myself. Help me to remember to take time out of my day to get to know you better, Lord. Come into my heart, Jesus, and fill my with your love and grace. I ask through Jesus Christ, Your Beloved Son, who lives and reigns with you, Father, Amen In the Name of the +Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment